Our over-arching aim is to make our schools safe and inclusive for everyone. To do this we need:
- To provide both a formal and informal support network for all people who want to raise the issue of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and heterosexism in education.
- To campaign on lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans issues as they affect education and those in education.
- To research, debate and stimulate curriculum development on LGBT issues.
- To work towards unison between teacher and lecturer unions and other professional stakeholders in education
- To promote equality, safety and visibility in education for LGBT people and all the protected characteristics
It’s time to start planning for:
LGBT History Month 2019.
This year our theme is Peace, Activism and Reconciliation.
To get involved:
- buy a badge or badges for LGBT History Month 2019. The more you buy the less they cost
- download and print our LGBT History wall-chart and put it on your noticeboard at work
- check out our interactive calendar and go to an event in your area
- check out our resources
- organise an event in your area and put it on our interactive calendar
- look at the OUTing the Past LGBT History Festival and go to at least one of the free events there
- Check out this website and our Facebookand Twitter posts and tweets for updates
There is more!
- are in education or youth work use LGBT History Month to promote LGBT equality
- are in education or youth work put some curriculum posters up on your wall
- are in education or youth work check out the Proud Trust’s LGBT History Month Toolkit for 2019. They’ve planned the work so you don’t have to
- know a lot about an LGBT Place or person check out OUTing the Past and offer a presentation for next year
- want to know a lot more about LGBT history come to the OUTing the Past Festival Conference held over the final weekend in March 2019 in Belfast
Support Voices and Visibility!
- You can enable the creation of an online digital resource to uncover hidden histories and strengthen the voices and visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans+ people in UK history.
- You can inspire a new generation of activists and build alliances to ensure the significant gains of the last 50 years are not lost by supporting the development of an interactive history resource.
- Donate today and you will make it possible to reach national and international audiences with this free and open digital resource.